myPlan Canada is designed with your safety and privacy in mind.
But nothing is completely secure.
Your Safety is our first concern
- When using this app, please use a safe device or computer that you alone can access (i.e. one that you do not share with others) and that is password protected.
- Use private browsing/incognito mode when using the web version of this app
- After downloading the app, it will be PIN-code protected to keep your information safe.
- It is still possible that your abusive partner may be monitoring your use of this app using spyware, cloud access or by accessing your phone, tablet or computer.
- If you are concerned about someone monitoring your device activity:
- You may not want to use this app
- You could take steps to be as safe as possible: clear your browser history, downloads or caches, or delete the app when you are done using it.
- Don’t take screenshots that are stored on your device
- For some devices, it’s not possible to delete the app from your purchase history.
- Learn more tips at BCSTH Technology Safety
Protecting your Privacy
- The myPlan app does not collect or keep any personal information that could identify individual women who use the app.
- Information about how the app is accessed and used (for example, time spent, pages clicked, date and time of use) is kept and used to improve the app. This information is not shared with any other entities or third-parties.
- myPlan contains links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which myPlan has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may differ from ours.
- If you have concerns about safety or privacy of this app, please contact the myPlan project at https://www.myPlanApp.org.